Hearing Loss in Seniors
More than 30 percent of Americans over the age of 60 have age-related hearing loss. In fact, after high blood pressure and arthritis, hearing loss is the most common chronic condition affecting senior health.
- Do you have a problem hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have to strain to understand a conversation?
- Do you have problems understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do you hear a ringing, roaring or hissing sound a lot?
- Do you receive comments from others regarding your hearing difficulties?