Hearing Loss in Children
About 14.2% of American children between the ages of 3 and 18 have some degree of hearing loss. The hearing loss can vary greatly among children and may be due to causes such as exposure to loud iPods.
- Does your child turn up the volume of the TV very high?
- Does your child not reply when you call him or her?
- Does your child have articulation problems or speech/language delays?
- Does your child complain of earaches, ear pain or head noises?
- Does your child seem to speak differently from other children his or her age?