Hearing Loss in Adults
Approximately 17% (36 million) of American adults report some degree of hearing loss. The hearing loss varies greatly among adults and may be due to causes such as exposure to loud work noise.
- Do people complain that you turn up the volume on the radio or TV too high?
- Do you have difficulty understanding conversations?
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you seem to hear better from one ear than from the other?
- Do you have difficulty hearing when someone whispers?